Saturday, September 18, 2010

Tolerant Love

Our society demands tolerance. My God demands love.
If I am to love, I love the truth and tolerate nothing less.
I love by sharing the truth in love.
He has not called me to tolerate; He has called me to love.

His love meant delivering Christ for all people.
His love meant not tolerating the world, that is, sin.
His love meant dying for those He did not tolerate, that is, sinners.
His love meant conquering death for those He did not tolerate, that is, those who pierced him.

His love means reigning eternally for those He did not tolerate; now He calls them heirs.
His love means offering grace and redemption of sins for those He did not tolerate; now He calls them children.
His love means forgiveness and salvation for those He did not tolerate; now He calls them beloved.

Our society demands tolerance. My God demands love.
He came and did not tolerate complacency and ignorance.
The Lord tolerates nothing less than His offering of grace and redemption, truth.
May the same be true of me and my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment